in the Jura mountains,
Edouard & Jule Scheffer built a factory in
the river Sorne named “Scheffer Freres” (Brothers Scheffer).
The Swiss postal service and the army started buying the
bicycles in 1904.
In 1901 the business became “Manufacture Suisse des Cycles et
Motos” and later “Condor-Werke-AG”.
All varieties of bicycles and motorbikes were produced
appears that Condor's main business was the production of
See that history here.
Swiss army bicycles were produced at Condor’s workshops in
Courfaivre, in the Delémont district. After 84 years of
production, the last Swiss military bicycle was produced in
With the decline of it's bicycle & motorcycle production,
Condor turned to other areas and currently makes parts for the
Click on images to see more pics
Road model photographed at
Velo Rendezvous in Pasadena, California
City bike seen at the Cirque du Cyclisme in 2009
A beautiful full chrome
Back to Classic Rendezvous Swiss