1955 advertisement

Pioneer in high quality annular sealed bearing hubs.  This product has been the particular favorite of cyclotourists and tandem riders.  Production started in the 1930s and ceased in the mid 1990s. The name Maxi-Car arose from the merger of hubshell designs from the established hub manufacturer Maxi with the annualar bearings used for hubs designed by Charles-Albert Ripet.

Updated 1.22.2016                               Click on smaller pictures for a larger view

1952 advertisement

Early versions of the sealed bearing hubs..


Photo courtesy of Hilary Stone

A pair of hubs representing the most recent production...

              

Back to Classic French components