The Christian Harthiner Bicycle factory was founded in Copenhagen 1913,
by Christian Harthiner.
In the early 1950s the company were sold to the Danish
juggernaut Smith & Co. However, Harthiner bicycles continued to
leave the plant in Copenhagen until 1966.
The marque was widely known
(in Denmark at least) in the 1920s, when Danish riders in 1919 and 1921
took home some World Champion titles on Harthiner bicycles.
Rijk van Steenbergen
promoting Harthinger, 1960