Macleans Featherweight Cycles
Place of business in 1949:

362-3 Upper Steet, Angel N1. Tottenham Depot,  258 High Road N15

Updated 11.17.2010                         Click on images to see larger version
 

   Maclean's were a highly respected builder originally founded about 1919. They continued in the same hands right through to the early 1960s when the name was bought by Holdsworthy Limited. They had a number of premises before ending up in Upper St., Islington. Among their offering was a very fancy lugged frame, the Apollo starting about 1954. (Thanks to Hilary Stone)

    A fondly remembered greater London marque, it succumbed in Nov, 1962:

A Maclean at speed in the 1960s

Martin Hanczyc's 1950s Club bike

                 

 1960s model Apollo head lugs

       

Restored Apollo frameset
pictures courtesy Hilary Stone

Scroll down Mclean bicycle on display at 2006 Cirque du Cyclisme

 
 

Back to Classic British Isles